Gutters & Eavestroughs
What is a Eavestroughs? Eavestroughs is gutter fixed beneath the edge of a roof. Eavestrough and gutter are different words for the same thing.
- How often should gutters be cleaned? How often your gutters need to be cleaned depends primarily on how many large trees that you have overhanging your home as the primary cause of blocked and dirty gutters is leaf debris.Twice a year is good unless you have many trees then we recommend every three month.
- Gloves: Hand protection is critical due to the possibility of sharp objects in the gutter.
- Dust mask: Dried, clogged gutters can be very dusty, and you don’t want to breathe in this dust.
- Use safety glasses: Debris may fly back at you when cleaning, so wearing safety glasses to help protect your eyes is a must.
- Ladder and spotter: A ladder is typically needed to access the gutters, and you should always have someone nearby to hold the ladder for you.
- Clean gutters mean less chance of water entering the home due to overflow